We all know there is no Web Design Project Management Program out there which has proven its advantages. There may be some but either they caused us trouble or they just fed our anti-virus programs. On a much more practical note, we have some tech out there that, while not being oriented towards web design, has actually proved helpful. Not as comprehensive as hoped, but there is, at least, the support.
A look at these programs, we need to know why we need them in the first place. Here’s a short yet informative list about its importance.
Importance of Web Design Project Management
- Organization – When you pitch website things can get disorganized. You can expect thoughts to fly around, whether you’re a freelance web developer or someone who works for a company. And web design project management comes in there. By having one, you can keep it all on schedule and in a realistic way. You don’t want bosses to keep changing the system so if you’re presenting them with a manageable timeline for the project, tweaks would come earlier but surely not later. Because if they come later, everything that has been done in the past will change the big time, and that’s not what you want.
- Lessens Problems – Whether you’re working with offshore developers or web developers working as freelancers, you cannot control problems. While it is not possible that you’ll be problem-free, you can always influence its occurrence and frequency. Having a Web Design Project Management will make any projects cleaner in terms of execution. By keeping a well-thought-out process, you can lessen the potential problems that could come later on. May it be from miscommunication or any other complications, a web design project with the right management will have a higher chance of avoiding these.
- Correct Assignment – It is true, not every developer has the same knowledge. One of your web developers may have some programming knowledge but wouldn’t be too good at another. You can also have someone who is an expert on a particular area but is going to struggle on another assignment. If you put them in a project that has no clear assignments, then expect chaos to follow. But you can assign who will perform a specific task based on their expertise, with the correct management. If you do this you can always expect high-quality work.
Meeting the best Web Design Project Management Softwares
Moving on, let’s now take a look at the best software that caters to Web Design Project Management. There isn’t a lot but these are what the experts in web development use whether their projects are big or not
- Wrike – Despite not geared towards Web Design, Wrike has become one of the most used online project management tools. This is because of its widespread popularity amongst web developers out there. You can configure the software to whatever management you prefer. And in this case, should you want to create a web design aspect in Wrike, it’s all possible.
- BeeWits – BeeWits is the only software in this list that is programmed to cater for Web Designers in some way. It houses many features, such as templates, designed for each of the supported areas and functionalities that encourage speedy work processes.
- BaseCamp – Should you want to work with a blank space, BaseCamp is for you. This online management tool provides you an easier way to manage projects while maintaining a user-friendly interface. It may not be for Web Design but if you are someone who finds it easier working on project management from a scratch, don’t hesitate to try this.
- Asana – If you’re looking for an easy alternative in nature then you might want to try Asana. Asana is designed for a more general-purpose which means it aims to provide a user-friendly experience without compromising functionality. It kind of works like Facebook but this is because Facebook workers were the founders of this software.
- Zoho Projects – If you’re a small business and wouldn’t want to work on a complex application, then Zoho Projects is the app for you. Zoho also focuses on providing a general user experience that also houses a few web design features. You would undergo several settings though but it’s worth it in the end.
Whether you’re a well-versed team of home-based web developers or pals from the same IT department, having to work on web design with the right management will be easier. You need to make sure you’re organized enough to avoid problems, problems, and any other complications that might happen moving forward.